
http://www.google.com/
Please click on the website at the end of this.
By: Becky Jessop
This is Rachel Joy Scott. And she was the first of 13 people to die on April 20, 1999 at Columbine High School. Rachel was a loving person. She stood up for what was right. She knew she would change the world. But she also knew that she would die at at a young age.
Eric and Dylan were the attackers of this dreadful day. The plan was to let the bombs go off and shoot kids as they came out the doors. But the bombs failed to go off. So they went inside. The place where most people were killed was the library. Craig Scott was in there and saw ten of his classmates die. Including his best friends, Matt Kechter and Isaiah Shoels. Both were right beside Craig when they died.
Rachel once wrote in an essay: "I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same." Usually when you wathc T.V. you hear that a brand will have a motto. For example; "Dominos, You got thirty minutes." That is the same thing on Rachel's website. You go to the website and it say; "You may just start a chain reaction." Rachel has done that here today, and she knows it.
Rachel was compared to Ann Frank when I heard them tell us about Rachel's Challenge. They both wanted about the same things. But they had their doubts. Ann Frank said; "It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank. Rachel had her doubts just like that. She could have given up. But the great thing about this is she didn't give up. She kept pursuing her dream. And its paid off.
Rachel was one of those people where if she heard or read or said something she liked, she would write it down. Walls, furniture, paper, just about anywhere. When she was thirteen she wrote this in her hand outline behind one of her furniture items; "These hands belong to Rachel Joy Scott and will some day touch millions of people's hearts." How great of a quote is that?!? She wrote something she knew would change the world. And it only inspires me to do my best.
I wish I could tell you everything I have learned about Rachel. But I wasn't able to meet her. But from what I have learned from other people is that she was the most amazing person they knew. She has put such an impact in on the word. Not even Election 2008 can make a difference. She will always be in my heart, and I have never met her. I want to challenge all of you to go to Rachel's website and let every person in the world hear about Rachel. Accept her challenge. Watch videos. Become a Friend Of Rachels. The only thing you have to lose is not knowing Rachel's Challenge to the world.
2 comments:
What a wonderful post! Very inspiring. You'll love having this written down to remind you how you felt!
Ms. L.
p.s. I like your Einstein quote!
Becky!!! Come help me change my backround for my blog sometime when we are in the lab!!
Post a Comment